Monday, July 31, 2006
whew, that was a helluva ride
So, I think I can see some slowing down in my future.
And I am fucking excited about it...

Ok, first of all, got home from the beach Sunday afternoon totally pooped, mildly sunburnt and completely happy. I spent the entire weekend vacationing. Not freaking out about not having a car or work or being online - nadda.
Tuxbaby even broke out her laptop and WIFI connection and offered to share and I declined.
Although, it might have been the wine and sun because all I kept thinking was how funny it was that my blog was just floating around in the room waiting to be grabbed by her laptop. I sat outside and had a little giggle over that.
I thought briefly about sharing my thoughts with the other ladies but I was pretty sure that they would confiscate my bottle of wine. And we can't have that ;)

The trip was so very very awesome.
Tuxbaby and Babs were wonderful to hang out with, as always and it was great being able to meet their kids finally. The weather was beyond great and the rain everyone was trying to warn us about never even tried to show it's face. Our hotel wasn't the Hilton but we practically had the pool to ourselves the entire time we were there and the people who own it are so very nice.
I made shrimp alfredo Thursday night for dinner which would have been a LOT better if I hadn't had to pop the heads off the shrimp before cooking it. THAT was fucking gross. But the food was good and the company was stellar.
Saturday evening, I took the girls out and we had greasy hamburgers and greasy french fries at the best little outdoor place called Sandy's Surf Shack. The girls and I had such a nice time talking and eating and mingling with the owners who happened to be sitting behind us.
Afterwards, we had HUGE amounts of ice cream and then went shopping.
Shopping blows when Trin is there because of that whole "you break it, you buy it" rule so I didn't really get to buy anything fun for me, but the girls all got shirts. In the stores there you can buy a plain shirt and they will put a decal on it for free. They all picked a fun decal for the front and then a decal for the back with the name of the town on it.
Checked out before lunch and made reservations for next year (who's game?? Email me) then hit the road heading home.
The girls crashed out and left me alone with my thoughts and the closer I got to San Antonio, the more I started to let reality take my brain. I knew I needed to make a decision on a car AND fast. I am paying for the rental right now and I need to give it back so I don't spend a buttload of money on it.
I decided if I hadn't heard from one of the many people I emailed before I left (and who The Cake Lady and Jiffinner emailed while I was gone) about a Freestyle, I was going to get in touch with the guy I bought the Focus from and ask what he could do for my price.
Turns out that this is what he could do:
front

Yeah, looks like it could bite you doesn't it??
Well, don't be fooled.
It's a minivan.
A BEIGE minivan.
B-E-I-G-E
side
Note: the dark clouds hovering over the *dun dun duuuuun* minivan.
I'm going to drive by people and they won't even see me.
They'll be all like, "was that a car? Nah... Must have been a tree or something..."
Plus, I've lost the right to laugh at people.
You can't laugh at people when you are driving a beige minivan.

I think I offended the Ford God when I was ripping on the Taurus and all of it's beigey goodness. He got together with some of the other Car Gods and decided that just this one time they should really teach me. Teach me that Taurus' are cool.
And beige, yeah, it's cool too.
And just so I can learn that lesson and WELL, I should be driving not just a beige vehicle but a beige minivan.
A 2006
Oooooh, you're good Car Gods.
A beige 2006 Pontiac Montana to be exact.

The girls are happy about this:
dvd

The Mommy is happy about this:
storage
Ahh, the storage capabilities!

The Mommy is confused about these though... not sure what they are or what they are for...
huhhuha

But there will be plenty of time to learn since this baby is mine.
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 4:46 PM
| link to this post | 5 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer