Thursday, July 30, 2009
Hello, have you met my friend Procrastination?
I am a horrid, horrid procrastinator.
I should be flogged.
You know, I realize that flogging is a truly unpleasant thing that shouldn't be made fun of... BUT how lame of a work is "flogging". It sounds like something that would involve a wet noodle and very little pain. When I picture flogging, it actually involves one of those floaty noodle pool toys.
See?
I am an impressive procrastinator.
I've just procrastinated posting WHY I am a procrastinator.
Top that!
Let's see... what all do I procrastinate? How about an impromptu list?
Writing
Working Out
Dieting
Laundry
Cleaning
Calling people
Uncomfortable chats
Organizing my office
Working in my greenhouse
Murder mystery dinner night

I really could go on and on... There is SO MUCH. And last night as I was laying in bed checking my email and the missed connection section of craigslist as my eyes were closing despite my every effort to keep them open, I was thinking to myself that I need to get my shit together.
All of those things listed above? I should be doing them. Daily.
But I find that I am tired and burned out and lazy.
I pat myself on the back when I make dinner AND clean up.
So during this chat I was having with myself last night, the lazy side of my brain (not sure if that is the right side or the left side) was all, "it's okay Kate, you're BUSY. You have a lot to do. You can't be on top of everything all the time!" And then the other side of my brain was all, "you're right, I am busy... I work a shitload of hours and I have kids and pets and... WAIT A MINUTE! Didn't we just watch three episodes of Heroes on Netflix?"
Yeah.
So it isn't my super busy life that is getting in the way of me accomplishing these things that I want to and should be accomplishing. It's my sitting on my ass.
Then this morning as I was working reading blogs, I came across this post and I thought, "Yeah, I should do that. Maybe if I commit to thirty days, I may actually change my ways." The lazy side of my brain chimed in with, "A) You are rhyming and that's lame and B) School starts this month, don't you think you will have enough to do? Let's wait until the year 2033 to start on that list, cool?"
Uhm, no. Not cool.

So, my blank? I think it is going to be the biggest and most procrastinated thing EVAR. My freaking dieting, exercising and eating better.
That's technically three blanks but whatever.
It's time.
Maybe I'll stop being so effing tired if I start changing my Heroes watching ways. So what about ya'll? Do you feel like committing yourself to something for thirty days?

Labels: , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 5:55 AM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer