Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Several different shades of idiot...
You know when someone says their face turned several different shades of red? Ok, well I officially know what it feels like to be several different shades of idiot.
So, I am driving home last night and about two miles from my house, my car starts making this click click click noise… (Ok, so I drive an ’86 Fifth Avenue… I get so many new noises, I’ve stopped counting.) So, I think that maybe something is hitting my tire… so I listen a little longer and notice that it doesn’t slow or speed up as I go faster or slower… Not a tire thing. Well I get home and put the car in park and see if it stops when taken out of gear. Nope. Hmmmmm. Well since I am a chic and I can’t do anything more about the noise at 9pm, I go inside.

About an hour and a half later, I take my mom home. We aren’t a mile from my house when my mom says “Hey, your car is making a noise…” I tell her I know and I have no idea what it is. She asks how long it has been making the noise. I tell her it started right before I got home. She listens for a few more seconds and then asks me the dreaded question “When was the last time you had your oil checked?” OH NO! My response was something like “uuuuhhhhhhh….”
Yup folks, a quick glance at that little oil change sticker thingy that they put up on your window informs me that my oil should have been changed –GASP- 5000 miles ago! OMFG! By now, I am on like my third or fourth shade of idiot.
So, we get to my moms which is like 2 ½ miles from my house and she grabs a couple of quarts of oil from the truck and we check mine. She grabs a paper towel and we clean off the dip stick. We put it back in and… well there was no need to clean it off again. Fifth shade of idiot. So we put two quarts in (which was all she had) and start the car. It’s still making the click click click noise. I am so totally freaking out now. My mom says drive it home and put it in tomorrow for an oil change and have them check everything out. I ask her if it is broken and she says “Well it’s running…” Uh, yeah but is it broken???
Well, I call Mr. I (who is doing his homework) and FREAK out. I tell him the whole story and admit that I am not worthy of owning a vehicle if I am such a supreme dumb ass. He tells me to calm down (through some laughter which I know I deserve) and to go get two more quarts of oil. Well I pull into the EZ Mart and put my car in park and glance into the window. There are no less than three twenty something cute boys in there. I look down and see that I have on my gray pajama pants, a HUGE t-shirt that says TEXAS on the front and “You can all go to hell, I’ll go to Texas.” – Davy Crockett on the back. I have NO BRA on and I have on fuzzy purple house shoes (which are really like ankle boots). And I don’t mean like a little fuzzy, I mean it looks like I have purple Himalayan cats on my feet.
I relay all of this to Mr. I who laughs at me and says it is probably ok to wait until tomorrow with just the two quarts… but Kate, you have GOT TO get your car checked tomorrow.
Well, so much for the gym today… I am spending my lunch break cleaning my car and taking it in.

~Kate

Queen of the Dumb-asses
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 7:30 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer