Tuesday, December 06, 2005
car woes
So, my car broke down on Sunday.
Again.
Although, this time it was an entirely new kind of breaking down. Having owned several cars that were either (A) old or (B) shared with my teenaged sister, I am used to a varierty of car issues. But this one was new.
I drove my car to the post office which is about fifteen minutes from my house. I turned the car off to go inside and check the mail and when I turned it back on, it wouldn't start. It was acting as though the battery were dead. So, I pulled out my trusty jumper cables (see (B) about sister) and had my sister call her friend who lived like a block away. He shows up a few minutes later and hooks his gynormous station wagon up to my boat and a few minutes later we are good to go.
Seemingly.
As it turned out, as soon as I stopped at the traffic light, the dead battery light came on. The lights got real dim and I turned the radio off. I also turned the kids off in the backseat so I could think. I was expecting the car to just putter off and die.
Inexplicably.
It didn't though. It kept going. I asked Ruthie like four or five times if the head lights were on because they were so dim and she kept saying yes. The dashboard lights didn't seem like they were on either.
So, that night, when I talked to Snakeman, (and after he cringed repeatedly upon hearing how I neglect my vehicles by not having their oil changed every two thousand miles and not knowing where the brake fluid goes since I have never checked it) he said he thought it sounded like either my battery or my alternator or something else like a regulator for my alternator? I'm not sure. But, that would sure sound cool.
Hey Kate, what was wrong with your car?
Oh, it wasn't a big deal. Just my alternator regulator...
(Regulators, We regulate any stealing of his property, And we damn good too, But you can't beat any geek off the street, Gotta be handy with the steel, If you know what I mean, earn your keep, Regulators! Mount up!) Omg, I did not just google that...
Ok, maybe not that cool.
Anyway, the next day Jiffinner,
The Bear (Jiffinner's husband), and The Big D came over to check everything out. The Bear, being male, had a battery charger thingy in his truck which he plugged in and hooked up to my car. Then they all left. A couple of hours later, The Bear and The Big D come back and we start the car. At this point, they are both convinced it is my battery. I had never seen a battery issue cause the problems that my car had the night before though:
the lights being practically dea
the car lurching at various speeds
turning the blinker on had almost made it die
So, The Bear took it for a ride and when he got back a couple of minutes later, his exact words were, "Your car is fucked up."
Yup, I had thought so too.
So, yesterday afternoon when I got off of work, I had Jiffinner follow me from the house to Fantasy Disco Ford so i could leave my car in the service department and cross my fingers that it was the alternator since that is still covered under warranty...
Remember when it broke?
The drive over here sucked. I had noticed that the car seemed to get angry when I turned on the lights or the blinker or the radio so I decided not to do any of those things for the entire drive. You have no idea how hard that was. I mean, the headlights were no big deal since I don't usually have those on when the sun is up anyway. The stereo sucked since I do usually have that on, but the blinker... Oh.my.god, I am a blinker junkie. I always use my blinker, always. And I instinctively reached down there the whole time. I got mad at other drivers who could use theirs. I was like a crack addict trying to break my habit, it was ugly.
But, I made it. And the mechanic who always works on my car says it is my alternator which rocks, so hopefully it will be fixed soon :)
I just need to car to make it two more months. In two months, I will have my taxes back and I will be able to retire her. Just two more months, just two more months, just two more months. Cross your fingers for me folks :)
so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 6:38 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer