Sunday, May 14, 2006
Happy Mother's Day Blogosphere!
I woke up this morning and thanked the Dream Gods for the very hot blonde man that they sent me last night. Laying in bed wishing that not only the hot man had been real but also the trip to Hawaii, I looked over this morning to see my daughters had put their gifts on the table by my bed.
The t-shirt that they made at daycare had their painted foot prints on it and says "Our mom let's us walk all over her." Then there was the handprint flower pot from Trin and the keychain from Emilee.
And one dozen white roses from my sister.
DSCF0002
Which was really sweet of her :)

I came in to check my email and after chuckling at Snow and briefly thinking about the conversation she and I had last night, I read my horoscope:
Erotic dreams and visions might come to you throughout the day, Kate. This definitely implies that you should get together in the evening with your romantic partner, but there's probably more to it than that. Somehow these images are telling you something important, perhaps about yourself, perhaps about events going on around you. Forget physical sex for a moment, and consider what the symbols mean to you. You might be amazed at the insights that come up!

So now I am sitting here trying to remember the other parts of my dream...
I was in Hawaii, back on the road where I used to live. I was there to see how things had changed since our house had burned down and we had moved. And it was all exactly the same. But the house next door was now occupied by the most gorgeous and tall guy. Blonde hair, yummy bod (yeah, I just said 'bod' - shut it), a full foot taller than me.
Yummy man and I end up playing and then I am some how at a boat dock. Staying in a room there with him or something. And he has went some where and I go outside to get the broom and he left it leaning up against the boat and it slips into the water and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it. I only tried for a few minutes and then figured I would have him get it when he got home.
That's it.
Not sure how much you can deduce from a dream like that.
And who really cares?
Did I mention the hot guy?
Yeah, I'm good with that.

As far as getting together with a romantic partner this evening, I am without. Not a huge deal. Would I turn down a dinner invitation with someone who's company I enjoy? Nope. But seeing as how there are only a few of those guys and I haven't really heard from any of them in the recent past, I am pretty sure I won't be heading out for a romantic evening tonight.

Instead, I am bribing my sister to take the girls away for a few hours so I can CLEAN my house. Oh man, it is a mess. We have been so busy with softball and gymnastics and work... I have fallen behind.

But, even on mornings such as this one where my oldest heathen has a nasty, nasty attitude, I am so grateful for these kidlets. I look over right now at Trin and see her sitting on the floor playing with her dollhouse and Emilee completely kicked back letting the TV suck out her brain and Amanda who is the Queen of The Smartasses and I just love that they are mine.
Being a mom is not all roses and cake, it is hard. It is physically, emotionally and mentally trying almost every minute of every day. And I love it. I love them and I love all of the trials and happiness that they have brought to me.
I hope all of you moms out there are able to look at your kids and be thankful for what they have brought to your life today.
And I hope you are also able to sit back and relax, even if just for a few minutes. Because each of you are awesome. Those little people who woke up this morning with disheveled hair and sleepy smiles, those are your little people. And they love you so much.
Happy Mother's Day.

Labels: , , , , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 8:17 AM
| link to this post | 2 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer