Thursday, July 05, 2007
Awkward is as awkward does…
So, the boy I mentioned in my last post (who shall remain nameless until such a time that he warrants a name)? Let me give you a little bit-o-background. He is one of the guys at my job (yes, yes, YES – I friggen know already about dating guys I work with ok? I remember Mr.I quite clearly, but let’s just ignore that one little detail for now ok? Because it’s that ONE little MINOR effing detail that could stand between me and the possibility of The Sex. And people? You don’t want to be one of the factors of that little detail standing between me and The Sex because I HAVEN’T HAD SEX IN A VERY, VERY LONG TIME. Ok?)
Moving on.
Aside from sharing the same name as Amanda and Emilee’s dad, I have yet to find anything wrong with this boy. (Give me time, it’s only been a few weeks.) The first week I was working at Kick Ass New Job (KANJ? Maybe…), I was in my office listening to Damien Rice on the ipod and nameless boy walked by my office and then came back and popped his head and asked, “Are you listening to Damien Rice?” To which I responded, “Yes.” He said, “Wow“ so I asked him, “Why? Is that bad?” And he said “No… it’s just, I don’t think anyone in this office even knows who Damien Rice is
(Which, btw, if you are one of those people, those sad, sad people who don’t know who Damien Rice is? My heart goes out to you and you seriously need to get your hands on Crimes and Blowers Daughter and Delicate and the coconut song on his new album. Seriously.)
So, he walked off and came back a minute later and handed me Damien Rice’s new album and then walked out. I waited a few minutes and then went to his office and asked him if I could borrow it and he said sure… actually he kind of said sure, it was more of a yeah you can borrow it and I have a ton of other music here that you can borrow too because everyone kind of just bums his cds… And then he recommended a couple of other artists that I wrote down and CAN’T FIND now. One was Montagne I think…
Anyway, color me intrigued right? Here’s a guy that listens to Damien Rice.
There is one other thing I noticed too. Ok, when I am walking somewhere I snap my fingers. Like snap left and then right, quickly. *snap* *snap* *snappity* *snap* It’s just a nervous habit I guess or my inability to be still. Anyway, the other day, I noticed that he does it when he’s walking down the hallway too! (Check it out guys: THIS IS HOW LOONEY WE FEMALES ARE! WE NOTICE SHIT LIKE THAT!)
Ok, now fast forward to Monday. Monday, another guy that I work with popped his head in and asked me if I wanted him to grab me something to eat at whatever fat saturated place he was going to and I said yeah and gave him some cash. When he got back, he poked his head into my office (Did I mention I now have an OFFICE?? Yeah Baby!) and said food was here and to come eat in his office. I said I’d be there in a few minutes as I was in the middle of something. A few minutes later, I went in to eat and behind the desk is the dude who grabbed lunch and sitting in one of the two chairs in front of the desk? You guessed it – nameless boy. I am all like GREAT, because I really want to scarf down a burger in front of a guy I might like... especially when he is eating a SALAD!
Anyway, I plopped down with my 45,000-calorie lunch and tried to think of something to say. I made some casual conversation with guy who bought lunch about a picture he had on the wall that one of his kids had made and then I was apparently tapped because dude who grabbed lunch had to leave for like 6.5 minutes and I couldn’t think of anything to say to nameless guy.
Nothing. Not the weather. Or insects. Shoes. ANYTHING.
Did I think of anything? Nope.
Just sat there for every second of the 6.5 minutes nibbling French fries and counting the varying strands of awkward that were floating around the room.
It was awful.
Dude who bought lunch finally came back and we all finished eating and then nameless guy went back to his office and I went and slammed my head in the door repeatedly.
When I got home, I was talking to Fairy and telling her that CLEARLY this man had NO INTEREST IN ME WHATSOEVER and she said that I was wrong. She said that he was probably just as shy as I was about the whole thing, to which my darling Snow followed up that he was probably sitting there trying to think of something to say as well. Although I seriously doubt that.
But then, today, I saw a beam of light. Ok, more like a teeny tiny glimpse of a flicker… but light nonetheless.
But before I can tell you that part, I gotta give you a little more background about new job. On my resume, it says I can type like 70wpm, which is true. During my interview with my Boss, he asked me about my computer skills and my typing skills and I responded that both are stellar. On my first day actually working, I was sitting in my boss’s office and we were talking about something and he suddenly stood up and asked me to come sit in his chair. He had been working on an email and I thought he was going to like transcribe to me or something. So he says, “type something” and I asked him what he wanted me to type and he was all like, “I don’t know. Just type…” and then he gave me like two lines of the email he was working on, which I began typing. I wasn’t even half way through when he stopped me and said, “dude, I can type WAY faster than you!” Like I had any idea I was being tested :P
Well now there is a running joke in the office about how I not only can’t type but I also lied about all of the things on my resume. So now, at any given opportunity, one of the guys will mention something about checking into those typing lessons for me or ask me if I know how to do something like… speak German and when I say no, they’ll make the comment that there’s one more thing I lied about on my resume.
Did I mention that I effing love it here?
Today, in our morning meeting, it was brought up by my boss that I was beginning my third week here and after asking me how I was liking everything, he asked everyone how I was doing. At which point everyone said that they loved me and I rocked. Which I do. And then, out of the blue, nameless boy says, “yeah, I hear she is up to nineteen words per minute.”
Holy crap. He just teased me.
I am back in the fourth grade and he’s just pulled one of my pigtails right?
It’s been too long people. I don’t know how to play this game any more. I’m all out of practice. What do you guys think?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

so eloquently put by katehopeeden at 12:52 PM
| link to this post | 3 spoke |


Who: katehopeeden
Where: San Antonio, Texas Yeah, so I am all that you see here. I am friendly and kind, crazy and bitchy, playful and flirty... sometimes I am funny but mostly I just write the first thing that comes to mind and then stop when it ends. I love life and I am lucky to be living the one that I am. Want to know more?
Click here!




12/14/84 - 1/26/05


"The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed"

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you might miss it."

"Guys are like stars, there's a million of them out there but only one of them can make your dreams come true." "Don't spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can't live without."

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will still land among the stars"



Veronique

Yoda

Hot Toddy

Finding Liz

The Adorable DB

Tux Baby
Malcolm (he'll be back)

They'll All Fall

we grabbed the lion

Red Hot Sexy Papa

Snow

dooce

Madi (my stalker)

Did I miss you?
Do you feel left out and sad?
Click that link up there
and email me your blog!

Childhood Memories

My Mother

The Story of AZ

The Time In Between

The Beginning Of NY

The man from my dreams

The End Of NY

Growing and Changing

Learning to Cope

These are a work in progress. They are in the right order, but more will fill in the blank spaces in time as I write them.

"I just got done reading the history lessons on your blog (yes, I've been lurking on your blog). All the respect I had for you...has increased, like, tenfold. I don't think I could have done it. To go through what you have and not only still be able to discuss it with such wit and poise, but also to raise those three gorgeous girls. You are truly an inspiration. You are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever known, either online or IRL. Thank you so much." -Stef

www.flickr.com
katehopeeden's photos More of katehopeeden's photos

That cracked my shit up! TM

Kate went to Dallas?

You asked Kate questions?

Kate was stung by a Scorpion?

Kate met Mr. I?

Kate got pissed?

There was a mouse?

Kate shared?

Kate confessed?

Kate turned 25?

Kate shared some more?

"There are some of us out here who are living vicariously through you, okay?! So for god's sake, let us have some fun and excitement!" -Educated Liberal

"I LOVE inner monologues. They rock!"
-Hot Toddy


Ebay

The Gym

Morning Monologue

RHBlogger 2nd runner

sizzling RH 05







referer referrer referers referrers http_referer